Sunday, April 19, 2009

Keeping up

Remember when I bet the Bills wouldn’t sign Dominic Rhodes? As StampedeBlue’s Shake points out, he should have taken the bet. When it comes to Rhodes, I do tend to err on the side of negativity. Never been a fan. Well, that’s not entirely true. I just never thought he was as good as other Colts fans generally do.

So, now he’s in Buffalo. Until Marshawn Lynch’s suspension is over, Rhodes will likely be the No. 2 guy behind Fred Jackson. Jackson’s an okay, underrated, back. The Bills could still draft a guy who could oust Rhodes, but signing him could be their editorial comment on this year’s crop of rookie backs.

• Some newspaper wags have said the Raiders are considering signing Marvin Harrison. I'd like to see Marvin play again, but I think that team's a bad place to be.

• Apparently Marlin Jackson will be ready for training camp. Awesome. Does that change draft plans? Not really.

• Every time I play a season on Madden 09, you know who the guy who gets the most receptions is? Jacob Tamme. Must be a good sign.

No comments: