Wednesday, June 13, 2012

More stuff

I'm not at camp, but here are some things I've gleaned from those who were:

Andrew Luck is good, but he's human and a rookie. Some of the enthusiasm surrounding him has died down. Good.

Donnie Avery has all of his speed back, but is running a distinct third behind Reggie Wayne and Austin Collie.

Even though Dwayne Allen is currently the starting tight end, Coby Fleener will be a big part of the offense. He played tight end, H-back, slot receiver, wide receiver and fullback.

Joe Reitz must've pissed somebody off because Seth Olson, who was incredibly bad last year, is starting in his spot.

For some reason, Mookie is still the starting nose tackle.

AJ Edds started inside with Pat Angerer, not Kavell Conner.

New corner Justin King is injured.

Cassius Vaughn, LaVon Brazill, Avery and Quan Cosby are fighting for the kick return job, while Jason Sambrano, Deji Karim and Vaughn are in the running for the punt return job. I'm sure the Colts would love it if Vaughn take both spots, as he is also a valuable defender.

Punter Pat McAfee is kicking field goals. He's said he'd like to take over for Adam Vinatieri when he retires, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

2 comments:

bronzegod said...

I hope they don't want Vaughn to return kicks, punts & play D. That's too many ways to get injured. Let him return punts & someone else (Deji) do the kicks. I think Edds & Angerer can have a empathy going on being ex-college team mates. QB Harnish was a good runner in college. Do you see them doing any Tebow type plays for him, if he makes 3rd QB?

Jerry Langton said...

BG, thanks for reading. You're probably right about Vaughn. He's not that durable. And I do think Edds will start. I'd love to see them harness Harnish's running ability, but I doubt they will. With so many youngsters on offense, I'll bet they keep it simple.