Friday, March 29, 2013

How about this scenario?

With the draft rapidly approaching, I thought it would be fun to put myself in the captain's chair.

1/24 Tank Carradine OLB Florida State
I know, I know, he never did anything before 2012 and is recovering from an ACL tear last November. But when he did play, he was outstanding (11 sacks in 12 games). The Colts need an explosive pass rusher, and it's only Carradine's lack of experience and injury that allow them to grab him at No. 24. I also considered: Jonathan Cooper G North Carolina and Keenan Allen WR California.

3/86 Aaron Dobson WR Marshall
Again I'm choosing the potential greatness, with a good degree of risk. Dobson has all the tools to be a No. 1 NFL wide receiver, but lacks the experience and polish of many others in this class.

4/121 Dennis Johnson HB Arkansas
A do-everything feature back who can run, catch, block and return kicks, Johnson is available here only because of his 13 career lost fumbles. They appear to come from the way he holds the ball, a trait that could be coached out of him.

6/191 Theo Goins G Central Florida
Late picks are usually role players or high-risk.high-upside guys, and the only risk with Goins is whether he can adjust to the NFL after getting by on brute strength in C-USA. Plus, you gotta like a guy named Thaophilius.

7/230 Manase Foketi G West Texas A&M
There were a lot of guys at a lot of positions I liked here, but I had to go with the one with the biggest upside.

7/254 Melvin White S Louisiana-Lafayette
Miscast as a corner, he'd make a better pro safety.


No comments: